CAPE TOWN, South Africa (April 11, 2019) – ROTOCON confirms a record-breaking exhibition across their three stands at the triennial Propak Africa held this year 12-15 March in Johannesburg, with 17 confirmed orders for label printing and finishing equipment.
Ordered were five Screen Truepress Jet L350UV+ series UV inkjet presses, five ROTOCON Ecoline RDF 330 digital label converting and four Ecoline RSD 330 label diecutting/inspection machines, an AVT Helios 100% automated inline inspection solution with WorkFlow Link, a Domino K600i digital printer, and an MPS EF 430 8-colour press.
“Our success at Propak Africa was truly a team effort,” said Michael Aengenvoort, owner of ROTOCON. “Representatives from our partners AVT, MPS, Screen and Wink made an overseas journey to join us at Propak, and five industry suppliers sponsored material and consumables for equipment running on our stands.”
Propak visitors saw live label production across ROTOCON’s three stands. Labels were printed on Screen’s Truepress Jet L350UV+ and finished on two ROTOCON Ecoline brand finishing machines: the RDF 330 digital label converting and RSI 330 slitter rewinder with inspection. The ROTOCON Ecoline RSD 330 diecutter and Wink’s SmartGap® Touch digital adjustable anvil cylinder for die-cutting were also featured.
- ColorGen: PureRad LED8600e UVLED Cold Foil Adhesive which is optimized to bond dyed, metalized or holographic foils to coated paper stocks, treated synthetic labelling and packaging films
- Flexo Concepts: TruPoint Orange doctor blades providing longer shelf life, enhanced precision, significantly reduced anilox wear and scoring, and increased safety
- Morgancoat: Self-adhesive Gloss White Polypropylene film, top coated for excellent printability. The adhesive and liner can be customized depending on the end use application and substrate.
- Synchron: KPW-OP silver cold foil, which is over printable (OP) allowing for greater design and colour shade possibilities
- Wink: SuperCut flexible dies, made with microscopic precision to ensure perfect die-cutting for all kinds of label applications
Propak Africa visitors also had the chance to win three valuable prizes in ROTOCON’s lucky draw. First prize is a Nespresso coffee machine, second prize is a weekend for two in a four-star guest house in Cape Town (double room/B&B) and third prize is an Apple iPad mini. Winners will be announced.
“We thank all our customers who took time to meet us at Propak Africa and see the latest solutions we offer in label printing and finishing,” concluded Aengenvoort. “It was truly an honour for all of us at ROTOCON to see so many familiar faces from the many years of our representation in South Africa.”
A photo gallery capturing ROTOCON’s show highlights during the four days at Propak Africa is available here.
Share this announcement